Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'VE BEEN TAGGED.......


SO, THIS IS MY VERY FIRST TAG! WOWZA! AND, IT'S FROM THE SUPER SEXY PAULA!


THE RULES:
1. Link to the person or persons who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
SO, LET'S BEGIN WITH THE 6 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I still have my very first stuffed animal, a little brown and white dog.
2. I collect dictionaries. My favorite being the Oxford compact dictionary, the writing is so small it comes with a magnifier! I love it!
3. I hate to make any food that I have to get my hands into, i.e. meatloaf, kneading dough, etc.
4. When I was a kid and had to go to confession I made stuff up :) Now, I would have to make an all day appointment!
5. I collect rulers in my desk drawer, my favorite is a bright translucent pink one.
6. I can't open the gum with the foil wrappers like wrigleys, it gives me the willies!
The fab-u people I'm tagging:

2 comments:

forcryeye said...

You are such a riot! I love the dictionary thing. I love them too. I have a really cool old one, us and our books. I can completely understand the gum thing, and the worst part about mixing meatloaf is my hands get cold. I wish I still had my first stuffed animal...I think it was Odie Owl. The crappy furiture store dowtown crystal lake by the ballet studio has one in it's window. See...that tag was fun!

David said...

Hello, the blog
http://on-my-desk.blogspot.com/ isn't mine. I was just invited to post the "stuff on my desk" there. I haven't seen any updates there in a while either. Hey if you collect dictionaries then you should read the book, "The Professor and the Madman" by Simon Winchester. It is about the making of the Oxford English Dictionary. It is a fascinating story and a pretty quick read.

As quoted from the back cover of the book, "The compilation of the OED, began in 1857, was one of the most ambitious projects ever undertaken. As definitions were collected, the overseeing committee, led by Professor James Murray, discovered that one man Dr. W. C. Minor, had submitted more than ten thousand. When the committee insisited on honoring him, a shocking truth came to light: Dr. Minor an American Civil War veteran, was also an inmate at an asylum for the criminally insane." Pretty wild!